Admission to the program is based on the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by agencies recognized by Missouri State University or equivalent education from a foreign university;
- An overall GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, or 3.00 on a 4.00 scale for the last 60 hours of course work, or 3.00 on a graduate transcript with at least 9 hours;
- Two letters of recommendation submitted to the MSIS Program Coordinator from individuals able to speak to the applicants academic and professional abilities and potential to succeed in the program;
- Statement of Interest in narrative form submitted to the MSIS Program Coordinator;
- There must be a clear, well-defined Program of Study established in writing by the student in consultation with the student’s Program Committee (see below).